Selection Criteria For ACPAC Candidates
- The applicant must have PT, OT, RN, or chiropractor designation which will be considered at the discretion of the Program Directors.
- Member in good standing of respective college/regulatory body at a provincial level and eligibility for membership in the related national professional organization.
- The candidate must have proof of current personal professional liability insurance.
- Minimum 3 years broad experience following completion of an accredited, entry-to-practice program in respective health profession plus 2 years further experience in clinical specialist musculoskeletal/arthritis areas.
- It is preferred that the candidate completes one of the following post-graduate level courses:
- Clinical Practice Skills for Inflammatory Arthritis (CPSIA) Hybrid Course – Virtual Component offered by Arthritis Society Canada. The final deadline to apply is April 17, 2023 for the course in May 2023.
- Mary Pack Arthritis Continuing Education (ACE) Hybrid Course – Virtual Component offered by Vancouver Coastal Health. The final deadline to apply is March 17, 2023 for the course in April 2023.
- Equivalent course (at discretion of Program Directors)
- All individuals who apply are either currently working or committed to working in a shared-care interprofessional environment.
Supporting Application Documentation
In addition to the online application form, candidates must provide the following supporting documentation by the application deadline – May 31, 2023 at 5:00 PM:
- A curriculum vitae (résumé)
- A letter of intent (Max 500 words)
- A letter of support from the supporting institution/department (submitted directly by institution/department)
- A letter of reference from a rheumatologist and/or orthopaedic surgeon identifying clinical/academic strengths of the candidate (submitted directly by rheumatologist and/or orthopaedic surgeon)
Supporting documents should be sent electronically (preferred) to email@example.com with your name included in the subject line. Alternatively, you may send it by mail addressed to:
CPD, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
500 University Ave, 6th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1V7
Week 1 (onsite):
Oct 16 – Oct 20, 2023
Week 2 (virtual):
Dec 4 – Dec 8, 2023
Week 3 (virtual):
Jan 29 – Feb 2, 2024
Week 4 (virtual):
Apr 8 – Apr 12, 2024
Week 5 (onsite):
Jun 3 – Jun 7, 2024
May 31, 2023 – 5:00 PM
Virtual Candidate Interviews: Mid-June