- 2015 Canadian Physiotherapy Association Award
Recipient: Dr. Katie Lundon
- 2015 AHPA Clinical Innovation Award
- Awarded Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
Recipient: Dr. Rachel Shupak
- Ministry of Health Innovation in Human Health Resources Award
- Ted Freedman OHA Award
- Excellence in Course Design and Coordination Award From CPD
ACPAC Program Publications
Warmington, K., Kennedy, C., Lundon, K., Soever, L., Brooks, S., Passalent, L., Shupak, R., Schneider, R.. (2015). The Patient Perspective: Arthritis care provided by Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC) Program trained clinicians. Open Access Rheumatology: Research and Reviews 2015(7):45–53
Lundon, K., Shupak, R., Canzian, S., Ziesmann, E. Schneider, R. (2015). Don’t Let Up: Implementing and Sustaining Change in a New Post-Licensure Education Model for Developing Extended Role Practitioners involved in Arthritis Care. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare 2015(8):389–395
Passalent, L., Kennedy, C., Lundon, K., Rozmovits, L., Sinclair, L., Soever, L., Schneider, R., Brooks, S., Warmington, K., Shupak, R. (2013). System integration and clinical utilization of the Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC) program-trained extended role practitioners in Ontario: a 2-year system-level evaluation. Healthcare Policy 8(4):56-70.
Lundon, K., Kennedy, C., Rozmovits, L., Sinclair, L., Soever, L., Schneider, R., Brooks, S., Passalent, L., Warmington, K., Shupak, R. (2013). Evaluation of Perceived Collaborative Behaviour Amongst Stakeholders and Clinicians of a Continuing Education Programme in Arthritis Care. Journal of Interprofessional Care 27(5): 401-407.
Lineker, S., Lundon, K., Shupak, R., Schneider, R., MacKay, C, and Varatharasan, N. 2011. Arthritis Extended-Role Practitioners: Impact on Community Practice (An Exploratory Study). Physiotherapy Canada 63(4):434-442.
Lundon, K., R. Shupak, R. Schneider and J. McIlroy. 2011. Development and Early Evaluation of an Inter-professional Post-licensure Education Programme for Extended Practice Roles in Arthritis Care. Physiotherapy Canada 63(1):94-103.
Warmington, K., L. Passalent, C. Kennedy, K. Lundon, S. Brooks, and R. Shupak. December 2011. “The Early Impact of Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC) program-trained Extended Role Practitioners (ERP) on the Ontario Healthcare System: A System Level Evaluation.” A Report for: The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ontario. Available at: http://acpacprogram.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2011-EXEC-SUMM_ACPAC-MOH-REPORT_copyright.pdf
Shupak, R., Schneider, R., Lundon, K. 2010. Advanced Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC) Program: An Update. CRAJ 19(4):16-17.
Lundon, K., Shupak, R., S. Reeves, R. Schneider, J. McIlroy. 2009. The Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC) Program as A Model for Transfer of Knowledge and Skills and Attitudes: Moving From an Interprofessional Arthritis Education Program to Interprofessional Arthritis Care. Journal of Interprofessional Care 1-3.
Lundon, K., Shupak, R., Sunstrum-Mann, L., Galet, D., and Schneider, R. 2008. Leading Change in the Transformation of Arthritis Care through Development of an Interprofessional Academic Clinical Education Training Model in an Academic Healthcare Facility. Healthcare Quarterly 11(3):59-65.
Shupak, R., Lundon, K. 2007. St. Michael’s Hospital: The Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care Program. CRAJ 17(4): 16-17.
- Laura Passalent (ACPAC ’08) – Research to support early identification of ankylosing spondylitis
- Shana Magee (ACPAC 16), Noel Heath (ACPAC 2011), Anne MacLeod (ACPAC 2009), Katie Lundon – Models of Arthritis Care Using Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC) Trained Therapists in Thunder Bay and the North West LHIN September, 2016- Read the article from the the Ontario Physiotherapy Association’s Summer Issue of Physiotherapy Today
- Leslie Soever (ACPAC ’08) and Mandy McGlynn (ACPAC ’14) – A Novel Initiative at University Health Network: Extended Role Physiotherapists in an Outpatient Orthogeriatric Setting – Read the article from the Ontario Physiotherapy Association’s Summer Issue of Physiotherapy Today
- Leslie Soever (ACPAC ’08) – The Use of A Closed-Suction Drain in Revision Knee Arthroplasty May Not be Necessary: A Prospective Randomized Study – Read the article from The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Kim Tait (ACPAC ’15) – Written up in the Mackenzie Health September 2015 President’s Report and the Saint Elizabeth Health Care July 2015 Newsletter
- Mary Ellen Marcon (ACPAC ’05) – Advancing patient-centric practice in North Eastern Ontario – Read the clinic operations letter from The Timmins Arthritis Clinic and The Northern Ontario Arthritis Clinical Research Program
- Sue MacQueen (ACPAC ’09) – Helping to deliver timely care by increasing throughput for a growing patient population – Read the full story from The Arthritis Society’s 2014 Impact Report
- Chandra Farrer, Liza Abraham, Dana Jerome, Jacqueline Hochman and Natasha Gakhal
The Journal of Rheumatology November 2016, 43 (11) 2064-2067; DOI: https://doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.151235
Triage of Rheumatology Referrals Facilitates Wait Time Benchmarks
- The ERP’s role in extending care to children with JIA – Physiotherapy Today, Winter Issue #143, 2014 Read the full story from The Ontario Physiotherapy Association
- With ACPAC Training, The Arthritis Society Helps to Manage Wait Lists For Rheumatology Patients – Read more